Thursday, January 20, 2011

My Mom's Old Activist T-shirt

I found this in my mom's closet one day. She said it was one of her t-shirts from her protesting days in the 80s. I'm pretty sure I started wearing this in an attempt to look a lot cooler than I actually was. I think that was around the same time that my brother and I insisted on going shopping at Value Village and bought a bunch of old t-shirts that we never actually wore. Good phase, that one. Anyways, all of that ended in me making this lovely wall piece.
The t-shirt is actually still intact. I could take it off and wear it again if I really wanted to. All I did was just stretch it over a canvas and tuck all the edges between the wooden frame and canvas. Pretty simple project and an easy, interesting way to decorate your place.

1 comment:

  1. Hey...I wore that shirt to many peace marches over the years. Seriously.

    ReplyDelete