A little while ago I purchased a book called Little Green Dresses by Tina Sparkles. And I must say, it is some kind of wonderful (remind me to start using that expression way more). Basically Tina challenged herself to make all of her own clothes out of repurposed clothes and fabrics that she already had in her closet/stash or bought secondhand. I was super excited by this idea because a) I'm like real poor guys, and b) Altering clothes and refashioning things was always the most interesting part of sewing to me. One of my very first projects was a skirt made out of some old cords. And one of my favourite stores (that I have never once been able to afford an item from) Preloved, does this very thing with all of their pieces.
- Any clothes in your closet on Day 1
- Clothes made, altered or refashioned by you
- Reused clothing and textiles from places like thrift stores and clothes swaps
- New eco and ethically friendly designer items
- Small amount of conventional items
- Perpetual reincarnations of all items in closet