Thursday, March 22, 2012

Popsicles For Breakfast

Well, it's March and apparently that means summer now. The worst. I hate the heat. Knowing that I'm getting even more of it than usual this year is a pretty big bummer. But fortunately, my BEST FRIEND IN THE WORLD, Meagan, gave me these awesome spaceship popsicle molds for Christmas. So this seemed like the perfect time to break 'em out and put them to use.
I used a Martha Stewart recipe because she is the best. They're pretty much the easiest ever and are actually pretty healthy. So healthy that I ate one for breakfast. What'd you have for breakfast? Eggs? Psshhhht. Lame. Here it is.
And the recipe:
2 cups plain yogurt
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup frozen raspberries

Whisk the yogurt and sugar together in a bowl. Mix 1 cup of the yogurt/sugar mixture with the raspberries and puree in blender. Then just layer the two different mixes in a popsicle mold and freeze. Seriously delicious. And really, it's basically the equivalent of yogurt and berries so I think it is a passable breakfast. At least that's how I'm going to justify it.


1 comment: