Tuesday, May 24, 2011

A Gift for Chub Chub

So, tonight I was home, doing nothing and decided that my cats, Nikki and Chub Chub (Jack), needed a new toy and then I knitted up this little gem.
I did this in about an hour and a half while watching RuPaul's Drag Race (fantastic television).It was quite simple really. I cast on 20 stitches using 3 mm needles and then just knit until I had a square (which ended up being 37 rows). I'm planning on making another, smaller one more for Nikki because this one is the size of her head. However, Chub Chub is giant so it is just perfect for him. Anyways, back to the explanation; I took the square I had knitted and folded it into a triangle and stitched up one of the sides. So you have kind of a cone shape and then I just stuffed it with some fabric scraps and stitched up the rest of it. And the tail is actually just the excess yarn left at the end.
And I stitched on some eyes and a nose and, there you go, cats. You're welcome.


They both look really unimpressed in these pictures but, for the record, they were playing up a storm with this bad boy about 2 minutes later.

No comments:

Post a Comment